Sunday 19 October 2014

PNP MTB Spring SeriesRound 3



Having never done an Enduro before I wasn’t too sure how this was going to work out, all I knew was that I had to go down 3 different courses as fast as I could. Unfortunately no one at the race had managed to get sponsorship from the weather which meant we were racing on nice greasy muddy tracks- my favourite!
I decided to race Open Women and B Grade again, for the tough racing and a cool course.  For once I wasn’t too nervous; my climbing didn’t matter; only the descents were timed.  I had hopes of getting on the podium, unfortunately I didn’t quite make it, though I did grab 6th. The Podium went to Sasha Smith, Raewyn Morrison and Nicole Swain.
Although I was kind of disappointed with how I did, I did improve on my time from the last race (for Freewheel-Beeline), which wouldn’t have been possible without all the help I got from others.  First up is Mud Cycles, with an awesome bunch of guys, they made sure that my bike was in tip top shape. Then there’s Nic Johnson, for letting me gatecrash her ‘mini Enduro’ so I could pre ride the course with a speedy descender. There is also Mum and Dad for driving me round and helping me organise myself, all the while encouraging me.  Of course I can’t forget my older brother, who came out on a pre ride with me and would’ve done awesome if not for a badly timed puncture (halfway through a run).
Also huge shout out to Kim Hurst and Ryan Hunt for their awesome performance at the 24hr Solo World Champs- both coming home with the rainbow stripes!! Kim and Ryan have helped me heaps, and they deserved their stripes! Ricky and Lisa who were the amazing support crew have also given me huge amounts of help!
And cheers to  Nigel Sanders for some cool pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment